How To Watch Eurosport In The USA
How To Watch Eurosport In The USA
Eurosport is kind of like ESPN for those living in European countries. Whether you’re into cycling, football, rugby, tennis, cricket, darts, motosports, or anything in between, Eurosport has it all. From sports news updates and snippets to replays and full events, the popular streaming platform is the most widely used sports app in Europe.
If you have a Eurosport account and you’re traveling outside of your home county, then you may be experiencing some issues logging into your account and keeping up with the latest sports news. This is because Eurosport has some complex licensing contracts that don’t allow them to stream in certain locations.
If you’ve been trying to figure out how to watch Eurosport in the USA, then you’ve come to the right place! Below, we’ll show you what countries Eurosport is available in and how to connect to a VPN service to mask your IP address and trick Eurosport into thinking you’re located in one of the whitelisted regions.
Once you’ve finished this guide, you’ll never miss another match!
Can You Watch Eurosport In The US?
Unfortunately, the United States is one of the few major countries where Eurosport is not available. If you try to log into your Eurosport account and click on a title to view, you’ll be met with a friendly error message explaining that the title you’re trying to watch isn’t available in your region.
However, there is a way to watch Eurosport in the US if you’re willing to download a VPN service like NordVPN, for example. Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) are designed to encrypt your internet traffic and data, giving you a new IP address in the process.
Most VPNs offer servers in multiple countries where you can connect to. This effectively allows you to mask your own IP address (linked to your geographic location) by taking on the IP address of the server located in another country. This is how VPNs can be used to stream Eurosport in the US or other countries that don’t support the European sports streaming platform.
Why Can’t You Watch Eurosport In The US?
The reason you can’t watch Eurosport in the US is that they have specific deals that they’ve made with sports authorities in European countries. Unfortunately, the US is an entire ocean away, and most Americans aren’t all that concerned with watching European sports. As a result, Eurosport hasn’t made a priority of spending money trying to stream in the US.
What Countries Is Eurosport Available In?
Currently, Eurosport is only authorized to distribute and stream content in the following countries:
- England/The United Kingdom
- The Nordic Regions (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Greenland, Faroe Islands)
- The Netherlands
- Asian Pacific Countries (APAC).
While Eurosport is available in most of the Eastern hemisphere of the world, the American continents cannot yet stream Eurosport.
How To Watch Eurosport In The US With A VPN
So, now it’s time to get down to the real reason you came here. Namely, how to watch Eurosport in the US.
As we mentioned above, all you need is a reputable VPN service along with a little bit of basic technical know-how. Within about 10 minutes, you’ll be all set up and ready to stream all of your favorite European sports, even if you’re currently in the US.
1. Download A VPN With Servers In Europe: Luckily, all major VPN services offer servers in various European countries. Above we recommended NordVPN, which is a great choice for first-time VPN users. ExpressVPN is another great VPN that our readers use for streaming purposes.
Once you decide which VPN is best for you, download the app onto your desktop or mobile device (yes, you can use VPNs on smartphones and tablets too!).
2. Subscribe For A VPN Plan: After you’ve downloaded the VPN app onto your device, you’ll need to subscribe for a VPN data plan. Most VPNs offer unlimited data streaming; however, some VPNs offer various service tiers that come with additional perks (such as a browser extension, an incognito VPN masker, or internet security features). Some VPNs even offer free or reduced-cost trial periods, so you can try it out before you commit to it!
3. Clear Your Browser’s Cookies and Cache: Now that your new VPN service is all set up and working, you should be able to connect to any server around the globe and effectively mask your IP address. However, sometimes your browser’s stored cache and cookies or your device’s GPS location feature may interfere with the VPN and give away your real location to streaming services like Eurosport.
Thankfully, you can easily clear your cookies and cache from within your browser’s privacy settings. Your device GPS can also be easily disabled from your settings menu.
4. Connect To A VPN In A European Region Of Your Choice: Now that you’ve eliminated all possibility of your VPN failing, it’s time to boot up your chosen VPN app and connect to a server. Look for a long list of VPNs available in different countries (it should be located in the main console of most VPN apps).
Simply click on a server located in one of the countries where Eurosport is supported (see above), and you should be able to log into your account and start watching titles!
What If My VPN Is Disconnected?
If your VPN suddenly becomes disconnected (which can happen due to random crashes), then it will also cause your Eurosport connection to be affected. The title you’re watching may glitch-out and stop playing, and an error message may be presented to you.
Most VPNs have a setting you can enable that will automatically disconnect your device from the internet if your VPN fails or unexpectedly crashes. This is a good setting to turn on, as it will prevent your IP address from returning to normal, thus limiting any IP-related problems you may encounter with Eurosport.
We hope you enjoyed our simple guide on how to watch Eurosport in the USA! We know how much of a pain it is to not be able to keep up with your favorite sports teams and matches while you’re traveling. Thankfully, by using a reputable VPN server, you can get around any geographic or regional restrictions placed on your Eurosport account.