How To Stay Anonymous On Onlyfans
How To Stay Anonymous On Onlyfans
Updated on Jun 1, 2022. Onlyfans has taken over the internet during the past few years and has become the platform of choice for those who want to get paid to share exclusive content with their fans (hence the name Onlyfans).
For the most part, Onlyfans is associated with the pornography and sex work industry. It allows adult sex workers to share explicit or fetish-related content with their subscribers and charge their fans for special content. That being said, porn isn’t the only thing being sold on Onlyfans. A number of other celebrities and influencers, such as YouTube star Bandman Kevo, have taken to the platform to sell exclusive guides, tutorials, and online courses.
If you’re an Onlyfans creator, then there’s a good chance that you may want to remain anonymous, especially if you’re selling explicit content. Maybe you don’t want your boss or friends to know, or perhaps you just want to prevent stalkers from finding out where you live.
Whatever the case may be, though, this post is worth your time! Below, we’ll show you how to stay anonymous on Onlyfans through creating an account with an anonymous email address, using a VPN to mask your location, and give you some helpful tips for making sure you aren’t identified by your face. After reading this, you’ll have all of the skills you need to make money safely and anonymously as an Onlyfans creator!
How Safe Is Onlyfans?
One of the reasons why Onlyfans is such a revolutionary platform is that it’s a lot safer than the cam sites of the past. Many of the cam sites that you may have grown up watching or using were notorious for being virus-laden or having links to other scammy-looking sites. It’s safe to say that these weren’t places where most internet users wanted to spend much time…
Onlyfans, on the other hand, is one of the safest, most secure content-sharing platforms ever created. On the surface, it looks similar to other social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter. The user interface is clean, easy to use, doesn’t have a lot of ads, and operates smoothly.
Another feature that makes Onlyfans particularly safe is that they check the ID of every creator before they’re allowed to create an account. Unlike Facebook (which makes little to no effort to ensure that its users are of legal age to use the platform), Onlyfans requires all creators to show proof of their age by using a drivers’ license, passport, or other government-issued identification. This ensures that there are never any underage performers and prevents the platform and its users from facing legal ramifications.
That being said, Onlyfans has had some network security issues in the past. The most recent event was their huge data breach that occurred in March 2020. The data breach constituted over 1.5 Terabytes worth of private paid content that had been leaked to the public. There are also cases of users with low-quality passwords having their accounts hacked and being blackmailed.
While Onlyfans developers have made strides to promote safety and enhanced security, there’s always the slim chance that your Onlyfans creator account could be hacked or be victimized by a data breach. That being said, it’s never a bad idea to ensure that your account is safe and relatively anonymous, even if you don’t go as far as to hide your face.
Reasons To Stay Anonymous On Onlyfans
Here are some of the top reasons why you should take measures to stay somewhat anonymous or at least make a more secure Onlyfans account.
As we mentioned, there are quite a few hackers out there who would love to hack into your account and use the content they find to blackmail you, get you fired from your job, leak your content for free, or sell your content to other platforms and users for personal gain.
People Who You Know May Be Watching
Maybe you’re a confident sex worker who doesn’t care about anybody’s opinion of them… Or, perhaps, you would rather that the whole world didn’t know the identity behind their favorite Onlyfans creator. There are plenty of Onlyfans creators who hide their identities to prevent their bosses, family members, churches, coworkers, children, or friends from finding out what they do.
Although there is nothing inherently wrong with sex work, our society often has some rather outdated views on the legitimacy of sex work and virtual performers.
Last but not least, many Onlyfans users choose to remain anonymous to prevent stalkers from getting too close to them. Hopefully, the majority of your fans are those who respectfully appreciate your content. However, there’s always the chance that some of your followers may have some darker desires and intentions.
Even if you don’t choose to keep your face anonymous, it’s still a good idea to keep your personal details to yourself and ensure that your physical location is anonymous by using a VPN like NordVPN while you’re on the platform.
How To Stay Anonymous On Onlyfans: Complete Guide
Now that you’re a bit more well-versed on the reasons why it’s a good idea to remain somewhat anonymous (or totally anonymous) as an Onlyfans creator, here’s a complete guide on how to stay anonymous on Onlyfans to ensure that you’re safe and secure.
1. Download A High-Speed VPN Service: As we mentioned above, one of the first steps to remaining anonymous on the internet is to sign up for a virtual private network (VPN) service. Many VPNs offer free trials and cost less than $10/month for unlimited use.
Essentially, a VPN service will re-route all of your internet data and traffic through a third-party server. This process effectively masks your actual location and prevents hackers and stalkers from being able to triangulate your physical location by using your home internet router’s IP address.
2. Create Your OF Account With An Anonymous Email Address: Once you’ve got your device set up with a VPN service, you can go ahead and connect to it and use your newfound anonymity to create an anonymous email address. This new email address should use a fake name (or no name at all) and should not be linked back to your primary email address or phone number.
Once you’ve created your anonymous email address, you can use this email to sign up for your Onlyfans account. This ensures that your personal email doesn’t receive notices and correspondence from your Onlyfans account and prevents your OF followers from being able to trace you back to your location by using your email.
3. Adjust Your OF Privacy Settings: After creating your Onlyfans account, it’s a good idea to adjust your privacy settings before you start posting content. For example, one of the best things you can do is set your account to private so that only your paying followers can see your content.
Another useful tip is to turn on two-factor authentication. This effectively prevents hackers from being able to gain access to your account, even if they do manage to guess your password. With two-factor authentication enabled, a code sent via email or SMS message will be required to log into the account.
4. Hide Your Face While Filming Content: So far, the tips we’ve shared have been about making sure that your physical location is anonymous. However, if you want to ensure that your person is anonymous, then the first place you should start is by hiding your face.
There are a number of different ways that you can go about this while still making high-quality, desirable content. Some of the things you can do to hide your face include:
- Wearing a face mask (hey it’s COVID, so you should be wearing a mask anyway!).
- Wearing a theatrical mask (animal masks, ski masks, anime masks, werewolf masks… it’s your choice).
- Cutting your face out of the film and only filming your body.
- Blurring out your face after filming with a video editor.
5. … Or Alter Your Face: You may also consider altering your facial appearance. No, we’re not talking about plastic surgery… However, you might consider applying some cool face paint, theatrical makeup, wearing a wig, or even just wearing a large pair of sunglasses.
6. Hide Any Body Markings That Could Be Used For Identification: No matter how hard you try to hide your face, your tattoos or birthmarks can always give you away. If you do have ink or a unique birthmark, then you may want to cover them by using a sleeve, makeup, or a covering patch.
7. Rearrange Your Room Or Hide Identifying Details: You may also want to consider rearranging your room or filming your content outside of your home. This will prevent stalkers from being able to figure out your location and will ensure that nobody who’s ever been to your home can recognize the location.
8. Don’t Share Personal Information In Your Posts: This almost goes without saying, but you should definitely limit the amount of personal information you share on your Onlyfans posts. Don’t mention where you live, what you do for a living, how old you are, what your birthday is, or even your real name.
9. Don’t Post Your OF Link On Social Media: While some Onlyfans creators use social media to their advantage and promote their content on their personal pages, this isn’t a good idea if you want to remain anonymous. This is because social media accounts may use information about your device to recommend your pages to friends and family, even if you don’t specifically follow your friends and family.
Can I Get Paid Anonymously On Onlyfans?
Unfortunately, no, you cannot get paid anonymously on Onlyfans. To start receiving payments, Onlyfans requires you to give them your personal bank account or debit card information. While none of this information will be shared publically with your followers, the platform will have access to it and may be required to report your income to the IRS, according to federal law.
Staying anonymous on Onlyfans is definitely possible if you’re a creator who doesn’t want their fans to know who they are, where they live, or what they do outside of creating content.
Whether or not you hide your face is completely up to you… However, we definitely suggest that you take efforts to hide your digital footprint by using a VPN to hide your physical location and limiting the amount of personal details you share on your Onlyfans page.